Every heard that you shouldn’t put all of your eggs in one basket? It’s true in blog business just like other areas of life. Blog businesses grow and change and it may be time for yours to do the same. Here are a few signs that it is time for a marketing makeover.
Marketing is important to a blog business. It is not only how you get the word out about who you are and what you do, but also about how you strengthen your position in the market. Since you have a twofold reason for using it, you need a strategy that can hit the mark on more than one front.
Signs That It Is Time for a Makeover
When you perform a makeover, you are using the same basic structure, but you are putting a new face on it so others will stand up and take notice – again. Here are some signs that it is time for a marketing makeover.
* You have lost your focus – When asked where you see your blog business in five years, can you answer? It is a sign that somewhere along the way, your blog business has gotten off track. Without a clear path, the blog business will suffer from stagnation. Re-evaluate your goals so you can see clearly how to proceed once again.
* You have lost your target market – Look at your analytics. If you have had no unique visitors in a while or no one is buying, there is something wrong. Could it be your products? Perhaps, but it is more likely that the needs of your target market are no longer being met with the marketing strategy you currently employ.
* You are a one-trick pony – Email marketing is a great way to build your list, but other tools need to be used to keep your customers happy and new traffic visiting your website. Marketing is not an exact science. It takes trial and error to find a combination that works for your blog business needs. And, that combination may not work forever. You will have to adjust to the market and what the customers demand.
* Profits are stagnant – You are making money but no more than you were last month or last year. Pretty soon, you could be overshadowed by the competition without some changes.
* Your blog business circle has not widened – Growing a blog business is about networking. You find others with common blog business interests and form mutual partnerships. This can lead to greater opportunities that increase blog business revenue. If the focus is always on you and your needs, then you are not learning or interacting with others. Join forums and social blog business networks, but participate fully and not just to meet your needs.
* You are bored – If you are bored, then so is your customer base. Inject new life into your blog business with a new marketing campaign.
Does your blog business need a marketing makeover? See if you fit the profile above in any way. If you do, then the answer to this question may be yes.